Bear Hunting

Only Fall bear hunting is available.  Spring Bear hunts have been cancelled by the Ministry of Natural Resources.


Season opens August 15th.


New firearm regulations state that beginning January 1, 2001 all non-residents entering Canada with a firearm will need a firearms license to import firearms, borrow firearms and acquire ammunition.  If you enter Canada with a firearm you must complete the Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Form in triplicate and pay a $25 fee.  

As of April 10, 2005, the fee for a Non-resident Firearm Declaration will be $25, compared to the previous $50.  At their discretion, Chief Firearms Officers may renew a Non-resident Firearm Declaration one or more times at no additional cost if the declaration has not yet expired.  If the declaration has expired, a new declaration is required.   

This form is available by calling 1-800-731-4000 and can be downloaded from the internet at

Questions can be sent to   Or call International Falls/Fort Francis at 807-274-9780 to talk to a customs officer on duty.  

Complete the application before your border arrival and leave the signature block empty.  It must be signed in front of a customs officer.  You can also contact Echo Lake Lodge for further details on this new regulation.